Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy :D to say I was a part of the transport that took place today. 5 Bassets started out with 3 heading to NH and two to NJ. The two that went to NJ were Fred and Fannie Mae. Their photos are on the site Betsy listed. Fred is a grateful hound,a fun boy. Fannie Mae was reserved but she was coming around by the next to last leg for NJ. Fannie has a home. So who ever first listed as these dogs needing rescue Thank You,you did something good for the breed.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm so glad the transport went well and that these hounds will get to live the life the deserve.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I was at a dog show in Central MA this weekend, and one of the exhibitors wasn't there Sunday because she was transporting three of these dogs. Kudos to those who helped get this crew started on a good life!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm the one who adopted Fanny Mae (re-named Annie) AND Fred! Fred's foster plans fell through at the last minute, so I fostered him for about 5 minutes, before deciding to adopt him too! Annie is slowly but surely coming out of her shell. She didn't even wag her tail for the first 3 days she was here, but when she finally did, I almost cried! Now she comes up, licks my hand and runs away. She wants to trust me, but it's so against everything she's learned. She LOVES to lay on the couch...if Fred is in "her spot", she weasles in and pushes him over...go Annie!!

Fred is a total nut! He's constantly finding things to steal and run away with, including the remote control, dish towels and my wallet! He loves walks, belly rubs, and being in the middle of whatever is going on. Their personalities are so different, but the love each other so much!

Thank you to everyone involved in their rescue, as well as their transport. They are very loved!!

Rose

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Rose - thank you so much for updating us about those 2 houndies. Lucky you!!! And lucky then!!!

I still cry every time I think about them, but now some of those tears are tears of joy.

Please post some pics when you can and keep us updated about their progress. This is one of the happiest stories of all times.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Welcome, Rose! :) It's so great to hear that these hounds' story is having such a happy end. Thanks for welcoming them into your home and life!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thank you so much. My eyes welled up, but out of happiness.

~Heather

1 - 9 of 9 Posts