Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is with a heavy heart that i would like to let you all know of the passing of Grand Field Champion Baysides Raider,MHH,AHBA Rabbit Champion. Whelped May 28th,1994 Died April 30th,2005.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm very sorry. You've lost an exceptional dog.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Very sorry to hear your news... :(

A

·
0 Posts
It is with tears in my eyes that I am writing this. I tried to call you on your cell with no results. I am SO sorry. Probably the highlight of Molly's career was when she competed against him. He was a wonderful Rabbit Champion, a great rabbit hound. I am so very sorry for you and your family. Raider, "hunt 'em up" buddy!! It is ironic that today is the first day I let Molly hunt after her surgery. Her rabbit find is dedicated to the late, GREAT Raider. Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Billy, so so sorry to hear the sad news.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you for the kind words one and all.i'm kind of sad in a way,but it is just the circle of life being completed.Dad has a male from one of Raider's limited breedings that he is working with plus a young female and i have Ike to keep us busy,but Raider will always be my "guide" for what a dog should do when it comes to running rabbits.he wasn't perfect sometimes,but he always give it the best that he could do.Dad and i were talking about his places,he had one Derby place,a 4th at the spring nationals.13 open places of which 6 were firsts and 18 Champion places,plus he got the Master Hunting Hound Title,and in a very short AHBA career 9 Champion places and 7 open class places.not including all the training runs and the hunting we did with him,he gave my Father and myself a lot of enjoyment.

[ May 03, 2005, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: pinehawk ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts