Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have been pestering you with my memories of Soffi, which I've been posting now and then.
To be able to go to the next chapter, I finally found out that she should be put to rest, I've had her
ashes in a box for over 2.5 years.

She always loved to go with Emma and me into the forest, and we often went to Knut's Lake, I hope
some of you can remember my photo stories from those walks.
Today we decided to take Soffi for her final walk to Knut's Lake.

It's a nice walk, just an hour away. Now it's fall, the trees have changed to yellow leaves.

We went to a small bay where Soffi often drank water:

It looked like a perfect place.

Soffi's final resting place, may she rest in peace.

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
239 Posts
A beautiful place for a beautiful lady! Steinar, you certainly have NOT been pestering us.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
it took me a year to be able to look at pictures of Biscuit and now, i treasure every one of them.

i still haven't spread his ashes. when i do, it will be a huge milestone.

your posting about this isn't pestering --- for me, it reflects a process we all go through when we lose a beloved member of the family.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Your final walk was with the ones who loved you.
It took you to a place you loved,- and a beautiful place it is.
Steinar chose your final restingplace with love.

Rest in peace Soffi.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thank you for sharing your last walk with us. I hadn't yet found this board during the years with Soffi but I have enjoyed reading about her when she's mentioned.

She was a lucky girl to have been so loved.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
What a lovely tribute. Farewell, Soffi.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Steinar, Soffi was so lucky to be loved by such a loving man as you! Your post brings tears to my eyes. I've enjoyed seeing her beautiful face with all the photos you've posted of her. She certainly was a special girl to you. May Soffi rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You are so right. It was the right place, and a beautiful one at that. What a lovely tribute to a beautiful girl.
Sharon Hall

·
Registered
219 Posts
:( :( ....all the memories of the ones we have lost to a better place will always be in our hearts :)

The loss of a loved one never ends in my opinion, it just gets a little more bearable with time. Soffi was a beautiful girl and I hope that her spirit gives you peace knowing that she is at rest in one of her most treasured places. I was not a member before Soffi went to the bridge but I have enjoyed and wept with all of your touching tributes to her. Only you know when it is the right time to let her spirit go.

Peace be with you...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you very much for sharing your very personal experience. I think it has helped all of us to prepare for when 'The Time' comes. Jake says woof

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Oh, Steinar, what a beautiful resting place for a wonderful companion and friend, your beloved Soffi. She will always live on in your heart, and you hang on to those wonderful memories of your time with her. We love seeing pictures of her and sharing your memories. Thank you for letting us share in another special time in Soffi's life. Rest in Peace, Soffi, and you will be remembered.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Thank you for sharing those photos. I know how much Soffi meant to you, and even though I've never met you or Soffi, I cry every time you bring up her name. My doggie soulmate died almost nine years ago, and I still carry her ashes around in my car. More than anything in the world she loved to ride in the back of my pickup truck, which I know isn't safe, but I couldn't deny her such joy. So now her ashes always ride in the back of whatever vehicle I have. I don't know if I'll ever be able to let go of her remains. Soffi was a very lucky dog to be loved so much.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks for sharing that with us. She was a beauty and I know very special to you. There's some on here don't know her life story and perhaps when you feel like it, it would be lovely to hear about Soffi.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
{{{Steinar}}}} I never get tired of hearing about Soffi. she was a beautiful and special girl. I think you found her the perfect place to rest.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts