Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually said "oooh my gooood!" when i came in from work, dropped my purse, and then just sadly started cleaning up...for almost an HOUR *LOL* no getting mad, it was my fault. I arrogantly thought i'd put both the food and the trash out of harms way....mistaken!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
OH MY GOD!!! and I thought my Porter was being bad by chewing the remote... he is an angel compare to THAT. I would be so pissed. Props to you for having the patience to deal with it. Your dogs have a good mommy :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
OH. MY. GOD. That's about all I have to say to that! This is why I crate my dogs! I don't want to come home to something like this. Good on you for just calmly cleaning it up. They're lucky they're so cute huh?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
They didn't get anything bad from the trash that you know of did they .You may want to watch them for a day or two .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Been there! We have child locks on the lower cupboard doors for this reason. Still, one day we came home and somehow the crafty buggers got it open and chaos ensued. LOL

·
Registered
878 Posts
OMG... that looks more like a Husky hurricane!

I can't believe that our Bassets have never touched our kitchen bin in over two years... their bad habit is stealing food if it's within reach!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Oh my!

As long as the kitchen trash has a lid, Molly leaves it alone. At Christmas, we were at my in-laws' and they had a trash bag sitting open in the kitchen. After dinner, Molly came trotting into the living room with a big piece of ham skin and my brother-in-law chasing after her. I warned him not to try to take it away or she may snap at him. No amount of bribery got it from her and she ate it. Sigh...could have been something far worse. They don't have a dog and are not used to thinking like one when it comes to puppy-proofing.

Bottom line, you think they won't bother something and that's when they do. They're stubborn and smart, so they'll work until they get what they want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like someone had fun while mom was at work. What a mess,I am sure your dog thought it was a good idea at the time.lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sometimes the only thing you can do is laugh-if i wanted predictability would have adopted a child not a Basset! My Eclair managed to steal a 5lb bag of flour out of the pantry the other week, she was covered nose to tail in it with dough balls in her nose. :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts