Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was in the low 80s in Cincinnati today, so my mom thought it was a good day for the dreaded "B" word - I got a BATH! As if that wasn't bad enough, she gave it to me in the BACKYARD, where the neighbors could see. The cat down the street was out & I know he was laughing at me!

Here I am pretending not to see my Mom.

This is me after my bath, looking for that cat & daring him to laugh some more.

Here I am wiping my clean belly in the grass. I'm going to pick up some grass & dirt & then go roll in Mom's clean bed. That will teach her! ;)

Have a good weekend everyone! It's going to be sunny & warm here, so I am going to make Mom take me to the park to make up for the bath. :cool:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Aww Clifford sorry your momma got to ya, but you are even more handsome when clean! Don't tell Annie but I think we may be headed to the dog bath place this weekend so she can get beautified and get her acrylics trimmed :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I think the best part of them being clean is that it is the only time their white parts are actually white.

Very true. Boomer's dad came home from work yesterday, and commented on how bright his whites were.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Clifford-- indignity, definitely!
but looks like ya handled yourself quite well :D

nice pics of u and what a nice patch of green grass in your kingdom for u to rule over.

what is it with this weekend?
me had to get my toes cut off too, ok well actually grinded. i guess it makes it easier to walk.
--Worm

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey Guys -- me too Mom says I have RAPTOR toes and gotta have a pawdcure SOON -- ran outa time today and can't go tomorrow coz she says Dad and I have too many chores to do since we are having company for dinner so its gotta be Toesday for sure!!!!
Say we are having one of sisters friends over for Turkey Time and he is from Quebec and has never eaten Pumpkin Pie -- can ya believe it -- he musn't have had a basset hound!!!! Mom says we better make a cake too!!! YUM -- cake, pie and TURKEY all in the same day -- oh oh rumour has it theres gonna be cauliflower --- ptt tewwi YUCK !!!! -- gotta go and dream of something other than cauliflower .....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Clifford and Amy,
Were your ears ringing yesterday, cuz my ma was talking to the OBR about you too....we just gots my new bruder yesterday from OBR (we actually met him first at Bassetfests when he joined us for a nice nap in the grass;).

Ma was saying how much she learns and likes you all from this sight and mentioned that you my man Clifford was once an OBR boy himself....

and I has to tell you I feels kinda sorry for my new bruder....rumor has it he gots a baf before coming to meet us and then he happens to take a dip (he must be a littles off cuz I would never does this...well, just cuz he did maybe) in the neighbors pond so ma bafs him again cuz she was worried bouts the slimey stuffs on him......but he didn't seem to mind and we played so hard yesterday that we boff passed out last evenings....

I am glad you let that cat has the "try me" glare after his laffing at your outdoors bafftime....

~Woody Hayes and Romeo:cool:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woody, how cool you got a new brother! Mom wanted to go to Bassetfest, but there was a lot going on that weekend here & its a 2+ hour drive for us. Maybe next year!

Did you all deal with Amy Barnes when you adopted Romeo? He was kenneled in Pataskala, right? That's who took care of Clifford at the same kennel. We think she is great & we like her a lot. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I love how she is turning her back on you Barney does that now when he ses a dreaded camera.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts