Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left on a fishing trip for 7 days and returned Saturday. As I drove up, the hounds weren't any more excited than if I was gone for 7 hours. Within 15 minutes after I got home, they could care less that I was home.
I had my aunt stop by twice a day to feed them. Usually they won't eat very much when I leave like that, but my aunt said they ate everything. She was concerned on Sunday that they didn't meet her at the gate, but they were still sleeping. Not use to the time change I guess. :lol:
They had free run of the backyard with doggy door access to the kitchen. They didn't do any damage this time. ;) Although my aunt did leave a dish towel within reach on the counter. She's not use to counter surfing. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
245 Posts
This past Monday night I fixed my Molly her meal and did not awaken her until it was ready...........
I had thawed a pork chop and had it laid out on the counter with the oven preheating to bake as well as some veggies slowly heating in the pot.
I headed off to take a shower with the taste of the yummy meal to come in my head. Shower done..
I walked in to put the chop in the oven--it was gone--not even a greasy spot except for Molly's hound nose! She just laid in the floor with her head resting on her front paws as if nothing had happened.
Do I understand how you felt by yours flippant attitude? Yep, sure do.
I have come to believe they communicate behind our backs. My Molly talks to my cat when I am not around. No telling what your's were saying about you, behind your back,while you were gone for a couple days.
don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts