Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't take it any more, we had to get a king size bed. The hounds start out on the floor on the crib mattress we bought them but before morning they are both in bed with us and I'm right on the edge of the bed and my husband right up against the wall.

Here's the reason we needed the king size bed, I took this picture Saturday morning when I finally went and slept on the couch because I couldn't get comfortable with the hounds taking up so much room.

Here's our new King size bed that just got delivered today, I can't wait to go to bed tonight and hopefully we will all fit comfortably and sleep happily ever after.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No wonder you had to get a new bed.
You know, with those pesky humans trying to get up in the bed every night.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was reading what Maggie's Mommy said about the crib mattress in another thread, and maybe they don't find it comfy? It just seems to me that the fluffier, and cushier the bed, the better they stay in it. Of course, they love to be close to their humans too!

Let us know how that goes! :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've used a crib mattress before, they do work well. Of course, you need sheets & a fluffy comforter or two, and pillows... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My dogs had to be kicked out of the bed because they would lay sideways and take up all the room. Lily was very miffed at first, but she got over it. They now sleep on the floor with a massive combination of dog beds and fluffy comforters. Lily sleeps next to Bryan (she loves her daddy) and Gibbs sleeps next to me (he loves his momma).

~Heather

·
Registered
52 Posts
A year ago I bought a wooden frame king sized bed (was fed up with having insufficient space for two humans and two bassets!). We sawed 8 inches off the legs so that the Hounds wouldn't harm their backs jumping on and off. It looks a bit weird but everyone's happy now! The things we do for our hounds... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our first night in the king size bed was Great!!! We had plenty of room for humans and hounds and everyone was happy, I am so glad we finally gave in and bought a king size bed, finally a good night sleep.

I made the hounds get off the bed so I could make it this morning and as soon as I was finished they wanted back on it. I guess they like the bed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
What--you make your bed? Just kidding! What a cute picture. They look like they are enjoying themselves. You do realize that they will hog you out of that king sized bed, too, don't you? :lol:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just you wait. They lull you into a false sense of plenty of room, then POW! Back to sleeping horizontal across the bed, or cuddle/pushing you so they have more space. :blink: We also purchased a new kingsize bed a couple of weeks ago. I know I don't have any more room now than before! :p
Good luck! lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
You actually have room on a king sized bed with two bassets. I have a king and dont have room with one dog and a cat that sleeps on my pillow. Bruno starts sleeping in between David and I and then eventually Dave moves to snuggle with Bruno, Bruno moves to get my pillow and the cat just irritates me by trying to sleep in my hair. I cant win. Im so glad that I converted our spare room into my own lil library haven....Otherwise Id be on the couch...LOL...

**Off topic question..Anyone a Nora Roberts fan....Im trying to aquire books of her that are out of print and very hard to find now....**

1 - 11 of 11 Posts