Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got up to 50 degrees today, and the last of the snow melted. Mr. Bogart got a good brushing outside, and the hair was flying. Dear hubby took some pictures of me brushing Bogie. The hair pile was much larger, but the wind blew some of it away just as he got the camera ready.

Bogie trots up the ramp to the table top. Sure makes brushing easier, and Bogie will go anywhere for a cookie.

Bogie should weigh less after this. Thank heavens for the "Zoom Groom" and the shedding blade. They are wonderful.

Bogie is really trying to make the birds happy. They love all that soft hair for their nests

**See "Zoom Groom" post for info. on it. Some of you asked for info.**

·
Registered
775 Posts
WOW!! That's alot of hair!!!! I don't get that much from both of mine put together. I use the blade but never heard of the Zoom Groom?? I'll have to look into that! It is much easier to groom them when they are at our level. We invested in a good grooming table when we got the kids. The only downfall, my Husband has to lift them up there. Boy, Rusty is a heavy Basset :blink:

Thanks for sharing the Handsome Mr. Bogart photos!! I LOVE that guy!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I love Bogie's freckles. He is so handsome. Sadie used to shed like that. I used to have hair tumbleweeds all over the house. Spencer has a much different coat & sheds much less. However, he loves to be brushed & scratched. My Mom always complained that he was too low & it hurt her back to lean over to scratch him so much. She now has a back scratcher just for him. Of course now she has hair tumbleweeds in her house! ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Bogie is such a great looking hound. Great pics!

I zoom groomed my two girls today here in Iowa... They were starting to lose their winter coats and there sure was a lot of hair...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Would someone enlighten me on what a "zoom groomer" is? Jackie is shedding like crazy and despite daily and sometimes twice daily brushings...I have the tumbleweeds all over my house and my vaccuum is working overtime! If this device works on getting all of her loose hair out, I may have to keel over with delight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts