Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Some of you probably remember I started my search for a new friend a few months ago. Spencer went to the Bridge in August, 2010 & I felt the time was right to add a new dog to my life. The search took many unexpected twists & turns & had a few ups & several downs. Honestly, I was getting ready to stop actively looking. I'm glad I decided to make the last visit I made, because it ended with me adding this guy to my home. Meet Clifford:

I adopted Clifford from Ohio Basset Rescue (a big shout out to them for all they do for Bassets & making this experience good for me). Clifford was found as a stray & except for a few weeks, he has been living in a kennel environment for about 7 months. He was placed in 2 different foster homes who returned him because they had cats & he hates cats. Other than that, he is a great dog. He came into my home & settled in as though he's always been here. It took him about 2 seconds to find my bed & about another 2 seconds to figure out the steps:

It didn't take long to find the futon either:

He does have some goofy Basset behavior, like carrying his food bowl to a different location from where I put it down:

He had his first vet visit today & got a good report. He does need his teeth cleaned & a minor gum problem taken care of. Both his ears are mildly infected, but other than that, the vet says he's in great shape. He is estimated to be about 6 years old.

My nephew, who was close to Spencer approves also. I think we're all in love. ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yay!!! Glad you found another wonderful basset to take care of! He's such a good looking fellow! He looks so huggable and cuddly! And Clifford definitely fits him! Did he come with that name or did you name him that? Congratulations on your new addition. Here's to many years of happiness for the both of you.

P.S.-the picture of him carrying his bowl around is hilarious! Neither of mine can pick their bowls up thank goodness.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Amy, I'm so happy for both you and Clifford. He looks like a great guy and I see he's already mastered "couch with pillow," a very important Basset skill.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
What a big, handsome fellow! Congrats on giving him a forever home, and may you be blessed with many years together!

He looks so happy and content; bless you!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Congratulations!!! Clifford is such a handsome boy. He looks like he is smiling in every picture -- well except in the one with his food bowl. Maybe he is used to take out food. Clifford seems to be saying --- I'm HOME!!!!!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Amy, congratulations..and Welcome Clifford you adorable, lucky boy you.....I am so glad you two found each other.

And I completely agree about OBSR...they are definetly angels on earth....

Can't wait to see more picts of Clifford...many happy belly rubs:D

Kristi and Woody Hayes

PS...I will be making the treck down to Cincinnati in a week or so....Woody and I will look at every basset we see hoping to catch a glimpse of Clifford:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your replies. :) Clifford did not come with that name, I chose it for him. If you are familiar with the children's books about Clifford the Big Red Dog, you probably know why. Even though the book Clifford is not a Basset, he is a big, red dog. Since my boy is red & white & he is big, (he weighed in at
63 lbs at the vet yesterday) I thought Clifford was a good name for him. Yes, he is a big squishy, huggable goofball. Oh, and drooly.:lol: His lips hang down on the side & he drools more than any dog I've seen. I foresee lots of mopping in my future.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Oh he knows he hit the jackpot!! He looks so happy to be home. Enjoy!!
I agree! I think dogs are smarter than we realize about stuff like this. Anabelle was absolutely overjoyed when she went into our house for the first time.

Thanks for giving him a home and I'm sure you will lots of fun with him.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congrats Amy on Clifford, he looks like he is one happy guy in his new home! Kudos for adopting, I adopted my gal from the shelter in April and she is such a blessing :) Wishing you many happy years together!

·
Registered
562 Posts
The Great Hound Hunt is a pretty clever topic title. Kudos and congrats to you and Clifford. I'm originally from Ohio and I check out OBR's website from time to time when I take leave of my senses and think about having 4 hounds instead of 3. Glad to see they are still active and are rescuing bassets.

·
Registered
972 Posts
that is sooo cute. I love the stairs, and i'm so glad he found a great loving home! lol bowser won't carry his bowl...he won't eat out of it now either, i have to dump it on the floor and then it's like OOOH THERE the food is! and he starts eating.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts