Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our son had surgery last week, tonsils out and adenoids. He has been home now since last week Thursday, and the girls have not left his side. They sniffed him and were so calm when he came home, would not leave him for anything.
I knew that this was common with dogs but had never seen it in action yet.
As he is feeling better, they are acting a bit more normal however I have never seen these dogs so calm. They clearly have known that he needed quite and peace to heal.....

·
Registered
773 Posts
They do know. My husband had a stroke in August, and three weeks later he had to have a kidney removed. Needless to say, my stress levels were through the roof. I don't know how I'd have gotten through it without Charlie and Edith Ann. Their quiet presence helped like nothing else.

I love my dogs......

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thankfully, since I got Toby, I haven't been in a position to test this out, but I do know that lying beside him sleeping on the couch is almost therapuetic. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Jennifer, I'm glad your son is on the mend and also your husband, too, Aruuu.
Oh, YES! Having a warm, cuddly basset curled up next to you in times of stress can be way better than a Valium. While I was studying and stressing out for my boards this summer Francis was right there by my side, his nose firmly tucked into my armpit (I shower daily so I don't get it) calming me right down.
Without the cuddles and the daily walks I would have been an even bigger nut-job than I was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts