Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the garden fence out, and opened up the whole backyard for the boys to play in. :D I even pushed up some loose dirt into a pile. They loved the hill last year. When they are done playing king of the hill, they like sitting on top and looking at the neighbors. :lol:

They were locked in their pen while I cleared the garden. :angry: And they were ready to play when I got done. :D

The winner of king of the hill was Dozer.

But he shared the hill with Digger later.

Room to run and play. (videos)

King of the hill.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Wow, they are *really* active and athletic! How did the corn crop do this year?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betsy, I always have people telling me they thought bassets were lazy and slow. :lol: Not in my case. They run around like this all the time. Now they can run full laps around the backyard.

As for the corn, I planted 3 kinds that matured about 2 weeks apart, so I had corn for around 6 weeks starting in mid July. I had enough corn to freeze a few bags for this winter. :) I have a freezer full of peppers too.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
When you clear a garden, you REALLY clear a garden!!!! I could use your services right now! :D !
I always enjoy seeing pictures of your energetic guys-

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Your guys are lucky to have owner who can keep up with them. :lol: I wish I had a freezer full of corn!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hope for your sake it doesn't rain! They will be playing King of the Mud Pile!

B

·
0 Posts
King of the hill ? great fun. :D . Tummy would jump up there eat a ton of dirtand then throw up. He is such a brat.(that's why we love him).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts