Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we went to the Funhunt in North Dartmouth. It was a beautiful day... brisk but warming up comfortably as the morning went on. I finally met Dean and I saw Mike T. there, too. Mike's Basset was a cutie with a very memorable and unique face - I found him very handsome! (I'm SO bad with remembering names - sorry Mike!) We met a couple who have a Basset -girl named Ophelia who was Moe's sister from a litter before his. We were saddened to hear that another sister, Stella, had passed away. We met Stella years ago at a Basset Bash shortly after she had had reconstructive surgery on a deformed leg (as had Ophelia - Moe has always been able to get around well on his crooked leg, thankfully). We heard more horrendous stories about Moe's and Ophelia's BYB. I sure hope that foul man has finally stopped selling pups! :angry:

Moe was in the first group to go into the pen to look for rabbits. He happily wandered around (off-lead :lol: ) following other Bassets here and there, not really knowing what was expected of him but happy to be there anyway. The dogs were sniffing at rabbit-signs that were everywhere - droppings, shelters, holes, waterbowls. This went on for about twenty minutes. Suddenly Dean's boy picked up the scent of a rabbit and let everyone know it. (Sorry Dean, I'm terrible with names and we met so many dogs that morning). The hunt was on! Some of the dogs took their cue from Dean's very smart boy and began to get in on the fun. Moe was happy but clueless. :rolleyes: Suddenly a big, black rabbit came flying between us, closely followed by Dean's boy. :eek: Moe looked at the rabbit, then he looked at me, then he looked at Dean's boy... and then he took off!! If there was fun to be had, he was jumping on that bandwagon!!! A short while later that smart bunny disappeared under a boulder and the excitement was over. For Moe at least, the hunt was done... and so was he. :blink: He found his way back to me and sat for a while, looking tired. We left the pen, socialized a bit with other Bassets and their people but then we left shortly after. Moe went home to a bath and a loooong nap!

Where was Tally in this story? She was deemed too small to run with the big boys so she had to content herself with getting a lot of attention for being cute and 'different' from all those BIG Bassets. ;) She surprised me by being friendly with strange dogs, strange people, and even children, who normally make her very nervous. So, in her own way she had fun, too, and later napped as long as Moe did. :)

That was our Funhunt experience. B)

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
more on the hunt can be found at Fun hunt in Ma

For the record Macey Female is outraged at Terry not for just forgetting her name but getting her sex wrong :eek:

even though Macey is anything but lady like

Bent nose Macey "Soundtrack's Twisted Sister" , a girl with a permenant pout, who tracks better to left because of her Bent nose in her modeling debut

November 2006 Clean Run Magazine

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A very VERY mortified, apologetic, and thoroughly embarrassed :eek: Terry begs Macey's forgiveness for her inexcusable double blunder! :blink: Can Macey (and Mike) ever forgive me?

Terry
(feeling lower than the lowest of the low :( )

But now everyone can see what a unique beauty Macey is... :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Darn! I need to get more advanced notice of these things in New England so I can arrange to have the day off. Somehow I can't see hospital administration allowing me to call in "sick" because I want to party with my basset. :unsure: But then again...
I'm glad you all had a good time. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Beverly Anne, you can plan for next year. This event is held every year on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It's been a tradition now for I forget how many years. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She was very sweet, too! And she had the most uniquely pretty face! :D

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
:eek: OMG, Macy is darling! What a honker on that girl! :D[/b]
actually her nose is more bent in person than most photo's show She has a Roman nose similar many bull terriers but it also bend quit a bit to her left which is most noticable when looking down from above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts