Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The house has been puppy-proofed. I've got all my shopping done. The minivan is full of blankets. We have done our research, and if the puppy checks out to my satisfaction, it will be coming home with us today. The breeder is an hour or so outside of town. She's had several champs, and this puppy's dad came all the way from Newfoundland. He's going home on Friday. We wanted to go out today to make sure we got to see the daddy before he hopped a plane for his next "appointment." The mom is obviously on site. After the picks for the stud fee, and the ones people were buying to breed or show, there are 4 left for regular pets from the litter. 3 males and a female, although she said that she may want to keep the female for breeding.

My husband is giddy. He did the most important thing, he picked out the name. When we get back, I'll post photos.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
so... what's the name? or is that part of the REVEAL when the photos come.
i know you're so excited!

Someone here had a hound named kermit. i think that's a great name.

the last day is the longest.

tick........................................................
......................................................................tock

·
Registered
761 Posts
So exciting!!! Looking very forward to seeing pics when you get the pup home and settled down. Congratulations!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
It is illegal in Canada to sell a dog as purebred without CKC registration.

Just sayin'........

http://www.ckc.ca/en/portals/0/pdf/other/CKC.Rules.find.breeder.pdf

This is not a matter of choice - this is the law in Canada, as required under the
Animal Pedigree Act. Any breeder selling a dog as purebred must register the dog and provide the new owner with the registration certificate within six months of the date of sale. In order for the puppy to be registered, the dog's parents and the emanating litter must also be registered. A reputable breeder will be more than willing to provide this information. If you have any doubts, ask the breeder for a copy of the Certificate of Registration of Litter previously issued by CKC. It is the responsibility of the breeder to forward the application papers to CKC and pay for the initial registration and transfer of the dog into your name.

The cost to a member breeder is approximately $25.00. Upon receiving the breeder's applications, it takes CKC about 10 days to process the applications and send the certificate of registration back to the breeder. The breeder must then send the certificate to you, as the new owner of the puppy. Obtaining official papers is the responsibility of the seller, not the buyer. Don't accept the responsibility of sending in the applications or paying for them.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It reminds me of the suspense of waiting for a baby to be born. We are allllll waiting to see the pics and hear the name...and "meet" the new little one.

I named my dogs before meeting them...just saying.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
i was spozed to be either "Reba" or "Harper" before they met me.
but i'm an esther.

(although my nicknames are vast... "cutie" "little sneak" "theif" and "Bwaaaaaahahahahaha")

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Introducing Gandalf (yes my husband is a nerd), Gandy for short.

He's 6 months old, tan and white, with very large feet and very large ears. Currently sound asleep between my ankles. He slept most of the ride home, but did upchuck. Hopefully the car sickness will pass with more rides.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
He is very handsome!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts