Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set up a motion sensor security camera to the computer. It takes pictures whenever there's movement in the back yard.

Here are some recent pictures of the boys playing in the backyard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your dogs are adorable. I'll bet they love having such a big yard. I see you have a garden. I can't tell whether or not you have a dog proof fence around it. I had a 3 ft high decorative bent willow fence around mine but they made short work of it then dug up all my new veggie hills. I'm in the process of building a doggy proof fence now (at least what I HOPE will be doggy proof) :blink:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Great pics. LOL!

~Heather

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your dogs are adorable. I'll bet they love having such a big yard. I see you have a garden. I can't tell whether or not you have a dog proof fence around it. I had a 3 ft high decorative bent willow fence around mine but they made short work of it then dug up all my new veggie hills. I'm in the process of building a doggy proof fence now (at least what I HOPE will be doggy proof) :blink:[/b]

I have an electric fence around it. I've tried other types of fencing, but I need something cheap that can be easily taken down after the garden season.
Here's Dudley getting a "taste" of the fence.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an electric fence around it. I've tried other types of fencing, but I need something cheap that can be easily taken down after the garden season.
Here's Dudley getting a "taste" of the fence.

I'll bet the electric fencing works very well! Since my home doubles as a licensed childcare, my choices are so limited. Regulations don't mention chicken wire so that's what I'm working on putting all around it right now. My daughter's Border Collie is a digger, so I'll have to keep a close on him or he'll just dig under it and then take the Bassets through with him for more merry jaunting in the seedlings.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...... Since my home doubles as a licensed childcare, my choices are so limited. Regulations don't mention chicken wire so that's what I'm working on putting all around it right now.........[/b]

Well that would keep the kids out too. :lol: :lol: :lol: I touched the fence before, it's like hitting your funny bone. Like you said, with childcare it wouldn't work.

I used a rabbit wire before, it's a little heavier wire than chicken wire, but since I have to take it down every year, I ended up buying a new fence every year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep, electric fencing would be a top notch way to keep the kids out :p They're worse than the dogs about wanting to get into the garden.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You must have very tolerant neighbors. I always feel bad if Duncan is outside and starts barking, which is inevitable. He is very vocal, I would love a dog door except I know they would be harrassing the neighbors all day. I love Dudleys little dance in the one photo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts