Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Target has the best dog toys - little raccoons and beavers & other animals that not only have a squeaker in the body but have a little voice box thing in the head. So this annoying chirping/clicking noise plays every time he bites it. José thinks this is the best ever - he kept his raccoon for over a year, almost a year and 1/2. It was disgusting from all the times it got slobbery wet, then dried but it kept going. Finally one day he just tore into it, I think he sensed it was "sick" and put it out of its misery!

Bought him a new one after that, this time a beaver with a slightly different noise. At first he got the flat tail almost 1/2 off but then I think it clicked that this was a keeper, so he hasnt destroyed anything.

His toys have a purpose. The beaver is just for fun & he throws it around and barks at it & runs with it. He chews on other toys, like rope ones and other stuffed squeakys. And then he has his rawhides that he loves to demolish (little twisty things or chips). And he has his gigantic bone which is strictly for parading purposes (he's had the same one about 2 yrs). I've posted his pictures (with the raccoon & the giant bone) on my previous post ("I'm Baaaack). I just returned from hiatus on this site so I still need to figure out how to get my pictures posted so once I do I will put a bunch up.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
One of Cooter's favorite toys is a frog that ribbets. It gets somewhat annoying, but he's just so darn cute that we endure it! I'll have to look into the racoons!

·
Registered
70 Posts
FROG! I think Buckley has that same one. If you can take one or have a picture could you post one so I could see. I know what you are thinking. With such a vague description it isn't very likely, there are probably hundreds of different ribbiting frogs. I know but still. :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Firewood!! Ben`s favourite "toy" at the moment is firewood. And birch(?) is the best. He`ll "de-bark" it in a flash.
Luckily he is NOT interested in the wood itself.

And of course he spreads a zillion small peices of the bark all over.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
We have a "ribbeting" green stuffed frog. Sami got it for her birthday but Abby thinks it's hers :roll: We also have a gorilla that makes this most horrendous noise...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Sorry Joshua, I'm computer illiterate and I don't own either a scanner or a digital camera, I'm still living in the dark ages, LOL! I know the frog is kinda squating and I think two colors of green. It's one of the few toys he hasn't completely killed!

·
Registered
335 Posts
My In law's dog is like that; I gave Murphy a dog toy teddy bear for Xmas and he sleeps with it! He has other toys he destroys, but not his teddy bear. Murphy (a pug/Scott Terrier mix)was visting one day while Daisy was in the backyard, Murphy got Daisy's stuffed purple frog that croaks when squeezed; he squeezed it a few times, got on the couch and cuddled up with it for a nap. Guess since he didn't have his bear, any old port in a storm would do.

Daisy on the other hand, loves all her toys to death. I hope WalMart keeps getting those purple monkeys that scream; Daisy plays with hers until the screamer breaks, then she demolishes the rest of the monkey. Bet it's the same one Wendy's furbabies have! LOL

BarbR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts