Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • They keep each other company
  • They play together and keep each other entertained
  • They look all cute cuddled up together
  • They look lovely walking side by side with their wiggly bottoms
  • One causes diversions, the other creates mayhem
  • Instead of losing one sock to a sneaky thief, they steal a sock each so at least you lose matching pairs
  • Same goes for shoes
  • Laundry baskets get emptied twice as quick
  • Each blade of grass on a walk has to be inspected. Twice.
  • Each hound's peeing spot has to be remarked by the other, so walks take twice as long
  • You lose two remote controls instead of one
  • Guests have no chance of getting a spot on the sofa
  • One will sit on the other, so they can't run away when it's ear cleaning time
  • You get double the attention on car rides, when there's a hound leaning out of each back window
  • Never worry about carpet crumbs when you have a Hoover Hound and a backup Hoover Hound
  • Worried about losing your duvet in the night? Not when you've got a hound each side of you... just hope you don't need the bathroom in the night because they're not easy to move!
  • Double the warm floppy cuddliness when you're feeling ill or upset!

·
Registered
284 Posts
two bassets sounds cool! especially the two wiggly bottoms to watch as you walk them! :)

i cant believe you have them BOTH in bed with you - they are SOOOO spoilt!!! :rolleyes:

Henry has really landed on his feet with you guys - i'm sure he cant even remember his old life now as his new one is so great! (especially when he went on his little day trip to the farm with those lovely girls who fed him treats)!!!!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Having 2 Bassets is wonderful!!! I agree with everything you listed. They are so great together. I have a hard time trying to separate mine. They even walk in a double line and bump hips!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I love the wiggly bottoms too. One of the best things about walking them together............ :p

·
Registered
535 Posts
I agree having two bassets is wonderful; I wouldn't have it any other way. Getting Sadie was such a good decision but getting Max our second Basset was the best decision we made for all the reason you list and more. For those of you with one Basset and considering a second I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I had 1 lonely basset for almost a year and a half before I got my second. I got my second to keep my other one company. At first they didn't play together, but now they get going only if my boy is up to it of course. They are certianly a lovely pair and I wouldn't have it any other way. I too would highly recommend a multiple basset household.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I agree about the appeal of the wiggly bottoms! With a male & female & different plumbing ;) the wiggle was different, but both cute in their own way. With Sadie & Spencer, I always thought of what my Mom said about us kids growing up - as far as getting into mischief, what one didn't think of, another one did! With added Bassets, there are added shenanigans & added laughs. Spencer is a big old silly boy & he continues to bring me joy & amusement daily, but we sure miss Sadie. Most of the time she was a "proper" lady, but she had a devilish streak that surfaced once in a while that I loved. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cant believe you have them BOTH in bed with you - they are SOOOO spoilt!!! :rolleyes:[/b]
It wasn't a conscious decision. They normally sleep downstairs, as once it gets to 8:30 p.m., they crash out and cuddle up together, and that's them done until 5 the next morning. And even then, it's a struggle to wake them for their early morning walk.

Occasionally, Henry will come upstairs and stand on his hind legs and open the bedroom door and come in. Closely followed by Snoopy. (It's for that reason I have to double-lock the front door, as he has a habit of letting himself in and out.)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well as most people know, I have two boys. They are 4 months apart.

They play together:

They dig together:

They fight together:

And they sleep together:

·
Registered
3 Posts
:lol:

Love the bit about one causing a diversion whilst the other creates mayhem! Thanks for the tip re ear cleaning, I wondered where we were going wrong, :lol:

We've only got one at the moment but would absolutely love another, and you've made it sound so tempting.

Thank you,

K

·
0 Posts
Brilliant pictures!

(but not sure about the 2 Basset thing - one was enough - 5 sighthounds I can handle.... 2 Bassets?? Hmm! :lol: )

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kerrio
Jackson's Blog.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thats re-assuring to read. I recently got a new baby basset Bob who seems to be pestering my 9 year old basset. Bob is chewing Josh's tail, ears and everything else he can reach. Im hoping that I havent caused Josh too much upset with his new mate. Hopefully it will put an end to Josh's day time crying when we leave for work.

·
Registered
535 Posts
thats re-assuring to read. I recently got a new baby basset Bob who seems to be pestering my 9 year old basset. Bob is chewing Josh's tail, ears and everything else he can reach. Im hoping that I havent caused Josh too much upset with his new mate. Hopefully it will put an end to Josh's day time crying when we leave for work.[/b]
Sadie used to cry when I would have to put her in the kennel to leave for work. It always made me feel bad, kind of like leaving a crying baby at the sitters. Once we got Max she never cried again when we left for work and now she knows the routine so well that she is already in the kennel waiting for her treat when I'm ready to leave for work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats great to hear! I never hear Josh crying myself as he only starts once were gone and stops crying apparently about five minutes before we arrive home. Our neighbours have told about the crying that they are subjected too -I might add this crying can be heard through solid concrete walls / double glazing - as he is always kept inside. Im hoping once Bob has grown out of the chewing phase and is old enough to leave outside that they will be both out there together happy out! Its so hard not to keep cuddling the little fellow. I have to keep reminding myself that he too will be long, heavy and slobbery!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts