Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
How cute!!!!
:D

My mom says their dog, a St. Bernard, is just nuts about the guinea pigs when they go to the vet. She can't take her eyes off them. :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How does the bunny react? Do you let him out of the cage at all?[/b]
The bunny is fearless ! She gets right up to Roxy, even if she is barking. I don't let her out of the cage with out a grown up being in the room, unless Roxy is outside. Then my daughter can play with her all over the house.

·
Registered
360 Posts
When I've taken Belvedere over to my visit his "cousins", they have two bunnies in a cage. He gives everyone the usual greeting and then heads for the kids' bedroom, to gaze into the bunny cage. He will stand there, looking at it like he's in a trance. We call it watching bunny-vision! He watches every move they make, drooling and trying to figure out how to get to them (which is impossible)

One funny thing ...we've noticed that he doesn't bark or whine ...he's very quiet and he stays sort of low to the ground as he watches. We're thinking it's instinctual like a hunter and his prey.

Same as earlier post ...the bunnies do not seem afraid.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My brother and his family had a little flopsy rabbit for years who had the run of their house (she was housebroken). One day, when Francis was almost a year old we went over to their house while Flopsy was out of her cage. Total mayhem ensued, Franny was letting out lots of really loud AROOS and they were flying all over the house until I was finally able to grab Fran's collar and my nieces were able to get Flopsy into her cage.
Francis never calmed down that day until we were out of the house and on every subsequent visit Francis would go flying over to her cage when we entered the house and I would always call from the driveway to make sure Flopsy was out of reach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts