Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a doggy door so while we are home our pets can run in and out as they please. We have squirrels, birds, and bunnies all around so sometimes they like to bark. I open the door and say the dog's name sternly and they'll hush up. Well, my Jake has learned a new trick. He runs outside... barks a bit... and then runs back peeking just his head through the doggy door. He looks at me all excited as if to say "Mom- Did you hear that?" It's too cute... but probably working on a bad habit here :roll:

·
Registered
775 Posts
That does sound too funny. Most of my three's bad habits are cute too. It is hard to be taken seriously when you are laughing and taking pictures of naughtiness when it is happening. I don't doubt for a minute that they all know this too.

S

·
0 Posts
He is a smart boy. I have a doggie door too. My 13 year old Beau just can't figure it out so I let him in and out when he needs to go. Well, Sabian sometimes will stand outside the door and wait for me to let HIM in instead of using the doggie door! Wonder what is in his head?

J

·
0 Posts
Very amusing. I must say I'm jealous that firm word will bring you silence. Nothing quiets Jasmine until she's ready to be quiet. Routine barking during the day can be calmed with her citronella collar, but she'll bark right through it if a visitor comes over. Goodness! :D

B

·
0 Posts
:lol: Wendy that is so funny!! Did U have a camera close? Me neither 4 when I don't want to forget things (LOL) I ALWAYS FORGET THE CAMERA.kISS THEM! :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
There's no stopping him when George is in a barking mood, so Hubby came up with an alternate solution: He barks BACK at him. :lol: George'll be going "WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!" and Hubby will say "GEORGE! GEORGE! GEORGE!" in the pauses between the woofs so it sounds like "WOOF! GEORGE! WOOF! GEORGE!" It's hilarious. They both look completely ridiculous. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I guess.

H

·
0 Posts
Homer and Jasmine would make a great pair! He could care less about the Citronella collar most of the time. I've actually given up on even trying. I was looking around for a good DVD training for barking and chasing. Anyone know of any good ones?

Judy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts