Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a nurse here in Boston and I had a patient last night who, I got in report, was "anxious" and "demanding". So, preparing myself for a difficult night, I went into the room and introduced myself. The patient did seem a little anxious but, hey! he had just had a long day.
As I was doing my assessment I looked at the picture on his bedside table and lo! and behold, there was a photo of the cutest basset hound!
"Hey!" I exclaimed, "I have a basset too! How great is that?"
Well, needless to say, that patient and I hit it off big time and I had the best night with him, trading basset love stories and advice. When I left in the morning he was relaxed and smiling and I was able to report off that this patient was a breeze.
What is it about basset owners that we seem to connect so much???

·
Registered
773 Posts
Oh, please -- the only time I feel 'normal' is when I'm at a dog show with other basset people!

I had to shoot into Boston with hubby yesterday for an 'unplanned' trip to his doc at MGH, Beverly. Which hospital do you work in? I'm so grateful to have such wonderful medical facilities only an hour from our home.......

·
Registered
144 Posts
What a great story! I keep pictures of Baxter on the door to my office and it just about always breaks the ice with new employees that get introduced around. Some look kind of scared of starting a new job and then they see the pictures and they break out in a huge smile and we start chatting about dogs - Bassets in particular! They are just such wonderful dogs and you just can't help smiling when you see those sad little eyes looking up at you. :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
What a great story! I keep pictures of Baxter on the door to my office and it just about always breaks the ice with new employees that get introduced around. Some look kind of scared of starting a new job and then they see the pictures and they break out in a huge smile and we start chatting about dogs - Bassets in particular! They are just such wonderful dogs and you just can't help smiling when you see those sad little eyes looking up at you. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts