Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hi Mary,

We appreciate the information you have been sending us. Please continue to do so, because we have so much going on it is hard to keep up with everything.

We just had some of our dogs tested yesterday and the results show some problems. We are having blood drawn from all of them tomorrow to test the rest. We are starting medication with the ones we had tested and are hoping for the best. We were not informed as we should have been early and are not very happy about it. We thought we were out of the woods, but the information keeps changing so we decided to have everyone tested.

Thanks again for your concern and information.

Nancy"

I have been passing along to a large kennel in my area the information everyone has posted on the Diamond problem- received a thankyou which I am passing along to all of you who have posted- they spoke with the Diamond folks back on Dec. 21 but apparently they have not received updates from them-

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Janet. I am crying over this- this is Murray's breeder and I know some of these dogs. Everyone has dropped the ball on this one as far as I can tell- Diamond, and the media especially- if this had been a human food problem the news would have been out there much, much, sooner.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I am so, so sorry to hear this. :(

And yes, everyone (but Cornell, AFAIC) has dropped the ball on this. Please keep us posted on what's going on.

T

·
0 Posts
MurraysMom. I've said it before and I'll repeat myself here. If I had ANY product of Diamond's at my house, I'd pitch it for now ... and probably not use them again. The cost of a bag of dog food just isn't worth your dog's life. I hope things turn out well for her. It seems like a lot of kennels and breeders use this brand.

Janet 'n Twinkie.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
fwiw the dog foods involved and the territory covered has been further refined by on going testing, from MSNBCUpdated: 5:06 p.m. ET Jan. 12, 2006
"Diamond Pet Foods narrowed down which of its pet foods were contaminated with aflatoxin, a potentially lethal chemical which has killed dozens of dogs in the last month.

The company, which makes premium pet foods under labels that include Diamond, Country Value and Professional, said testing of more than 2,700 samples found that only its Diamond Maintenance Dog and Diamond Premium Adult Dog foods with “best by” dates of April 3-5 and 11, 2007, are contaminated.

Bags of the toxic food were shipped only to states east of Ohio, Diamond chief operating officer Mark Brinkman said. "

1 - 6 of 6 Posts