Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Betsy and Biscuit for articles and dietary advice for
anal gland problems. Murray had his last vet check Friday to follow up on 2 abcessed anal glands which had developed last June and July. We were fearing surgery,but everything seems to be in order now. The vet thinks all the added fiber has really helped: I now add pumpkin,sweet potatoes,brown rice, lentils,bran,and meat or fish scraps to his kibble.I cook twice each day for him ( I am not fond of cooking so Murray has accomplished what two husbands could not!)Anyway,thanks for the help-this is a great board.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
It's amazing, isn't it? I can't say it would work for every dog, but the difference in Biscuit was astonishing!

Try using a crockpot --- I just got a tiny one which makes chicken stock in no time and cooks rice even quicker. Much easier than top of the stove.

And right now, we're experimenting with homemade chips on one of those George Foreman skillet things --- the kind that has both a bottom and top grill, so it squooshes what you're cooking. I grill veggies on it til they're crunchy and the pups love them! I've successfully made chips on it from sliced potatoes and sweet potatoes (a major treat!), and am trying to figure out how to make carrot chips. :)

[ October 02, 2004, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: biscuit ]

A

·
0 Posts
Lawdy, Bisq, you are a wonder!
Between school and work I haven't done anything other than open a can of soup for my dinner and a scoop of kibble for Francis's.
I want to be you when I grow up. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts