Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you camping bassets have inspired our Momma to start planning some camping trips. We are so excited to go sniff out new places and sleep in a tent with Momma and Daddy. We love going to the lake and poking around in the woods, but can you imagine sleeping in the woods?! It's almost to much to think about! We live in PA and Momma said it's not too far to drive to the Pokeynose mountains. Oh no, I hope there aren't bears!!

Thanks for putting the idea in her head :)

AROOO,
Molly and Winston McFreckles

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
We live in PA
Plain old camping is going to get boring quick for Molly Macey has an idea to spice thing up to a new level. Mark Saturday and Sunday of Laborday weekend on your calender with a big star better yet a bunny rabbit sticker.

AHBA is holding a field trial at the North Lancaster beagle Club at 180 Forest RD. Denver,PA 17517
see for map

All basset welcom do not need to be register with any breed registry other than AHBA which is a single fee of 10 dollars with the stringent requirement that the dog look like a basset hound and is under 15" tall. If the dog happens to be AKC registered as a basset hound it need not even look like one. but still need to be under 15" Cost of enter the trial is ussual 15 dollars whech gets you at least one hour out in the field with the opurtunity to chase bunnies with upto six new friends. and if your really good at it even longer.

Lunch and breackfast along with coffee and soft drinks are available on site for a nominal fee.

depending on where you live in PA there is also two other Hunt near the border with upstate NY in August in the Binghamton Area and in October in warsaw NY between bufalo and jamestown.

In full disclosure the NLBC is not fully enclosed like most beagle cubs on the east coast. but it is very rural and surounded by farms, they have never lost a basset and contrary to popular mythology basset do not hunt great distance away from people and do check in quite often

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
CatherineM, is it Gandy who gets carsick just going one block in the car? sounds like he rides in the back... have you tried having him in the passenger seat while someone's holding him and letting him stick his head out the window, or look out the window from the passenger side w/window rolled down a little? wonder if that could help...

i think of them like people, who get less carsick riding in the front and also when they are more oriented to where the car is in relation to the environment around them... anyway, you probably tried it, but just in case you hadn't yet. since we keep hearing about carsick Gandy :(

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
i think of them like people, who get less carsick riding in the front and also when they are more oriented to where the car is in relation to the environment around them.
that or on the floor where the don't see anything. Ginger can help along with motion sickness tablet for people

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We ordered the tent! As soon as it gets here, we are taking our first trip. An overnight, most likely, and not too far from home. The tent should be here by 7/8...a day before Molly's 1st birthday. Maybe a birthday camping trip!

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
We ordered the tent! As soon as it gets here, we are taking our first trip. An overnight, most likely, and not too far from home. ['quote]

they generally allow camping at field tials!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I hope you have lots of fun, Molly! I bet there will be lots of neat smells to smell and things to see.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
We have a minivan, and he rides on the floor where he can't see out. I'd try having him on my husband's lap, but I'm not sure about airbags. Plus, if he barfed on my husband, it might be bad. I'm just so surprised. All my other bassets have loved the car. One went across Mexico in an old van with me. The vet has given us some pills, so that's the next thing we are going to try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts