Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
I Find as time goes on the hole actual does not get smaller you just do a better job of avoiding to step in it. Good luck, unfortunatley there is not a lot that can be said that makes the process easier.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
We've lost some wonderful hounds this year--hounds who have been featured on this forum for many years. It's a loss for everyone who knew them. Ruby of course was one of them. She was one of a kind.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww Ruby's so sweet, bless her heart! Black/tri Bassets are so attractive.

Our beloved Sophie was black/tri and we sadly lost her in 2008 to the dreaded cancer
(between her shoulder and her dewlap) after much treatment, all to no avail... and
today she would have been 14years old and we still miss her so much as she was
just the sweetest Basset we ever had.

This picture below, was taken a couple of weeks before we lost her...
bless her heart, the sweetest girl and a shame to see her suffer!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Almost a year since I lost my Lucy girl and still feelin the sting! Her birthday would be 10-20, she would have been 12. 10-28 is her ATB anniversary and so I am writing:

Memory of My Dog

I hear the sound of her jingling tags.
I see her tail that always wags.
I smell the scent that is uniquely hers
And feel the softness of her fur.
I see her lying on the lawn
As she soaks up the sun and lets out a yawn.
At night when she settles on my bed,
I feel her muzzle nestle along side my head.
Her steady breathing calms my soul.
Her beating heart so warm and strong;
All in my memory, because she's gone!

Dedicated to all those out there who lost their beloved pet this year! Keep their memory alive! Hug and hound!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Gosh your girl is just georgeous. Know how you feel and have a pretty good idea of what you're going through as I lost my Sophie almost 2 mths ago now. Have not yet made managed to get through the day without tears but learning each day to be every so grateful for the 12 1/4 years she so loyally gave to me and that I was privaledged enough to enjoy for so long. I imagine your beuatiful Ruby did too!... OXO

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm so terribly sorry Janice. It hurts so much when your heart breaks wide open. Take care, Belinda.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts