Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thankful that on some level Bubba's life story has touched many. Thank you for telling me that what I wrote wasn't just my own therapy but something a little bigger. I thought you would all think "that crazy old lady will be done soon." I still have Grace's story to tell but that will wait for a while.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I think that what may have been your own therapy was also therapy for the rest of us who have lost a beloved pet. When we lost our cockapoo Zoey last summer, I felt like whenever I broke down, people around me thought "she needs to pull it together, it's just a dog!" Only another pet lover can understand and, yes, your story is much more than therapy for yourself. Thank you again :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have loved hearing Bubba's tales. Bring on Graces story antics and memories whenever you feel up to it! Brings a smile to many of us on here :)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I know your posts touched everyone who read them. Our dogs' lives are much too short under normal circumstances: having them in our lives is bittersweet as we watch them age and grow old and pass away, but Bubba and Grace left you shockingly early and I can only imagine the pain of seeing their lives cut short. Thank you for posting Bubba's story. Peace.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Wow-- was looking at Bubba's pics and yes, I see what you mean by him filling out, and just came across these stories of Bubba, and have been reading them with Worm for the past hour (with tears). how sad and heartbreaking, though you had such an amazing time with him during his life. what an amazing pup. sorry for your losses, and glad you shared these stories with us. don't think we were on the forum at the time. was still getting used to having a basset in my life (first one). they are the best doggies...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad you looked at the photos it will give you some idea of how bassets can fill out . Thanks for the compliments on his story ,he was quite the boy. I think of him everyday. Worm has a lot of growing to do yet,enjoy these puppy moments with him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts