Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just experimenting with photo postings - I hope this works :)

:D

[ March 18, 2006, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Terry ]

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay... does someone know what went wrong? Nevermind, I've got it!!!

Terry

[ March 18, 2006, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: Terry ]

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying again, a different portrait...

Baxter

[ March 18, 2006, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Terry ]

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I've got it!!! Here are more portraits...

:(

Terry :D

[ March 18, 2006, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Terry ]

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Those are magnificent, Terry! :)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Betsy! You can see Moe's crooked left foot in the first portrait. It really IS his left foot but looks like the right because my daughter reversed the photo accidentally when she developed it from the negative (when she took a photography course).

I do pet portraits, house portraits, nautical and aviation portraiture, furniture and sign painting. And I've done pet portraits on pumpkins... :D

Terry

A

·
0 Posts
Terry, those are really super. Where do you show them? Tiverton is about an hour and a half south of Boston, right? I should pack up my pygmy puppy and head south for a look-see. Thanks for showing them.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I especially like the action portrait of Baxter- you've really captured the rolling effect of basset skin as they run-

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
What medium do you work in? (Sorry if I didn't phrase that question correctly--I know next to nothing about art. :eek: ) What I meant was, pastels, pencil...?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These are just a small sampling of some of the portraits I've done for people I know. I get word-of-mouth work through friends, family, and neighbors. My favorite medium is Berol Prismacolor pencils - I love the detail I can get and the variety of colors available. I also do pen and ink work. I hate the prepwork, mess, and cleanup of paint. With pets, boats and airplanes, I usually work from photos provided to me from the pet-owner. House portraits are a combination of on site-drawing and photos. I went to Rhode Island School of Design for Natural Science Illustration. My dream is to generate enough work to justify quiting my part-time job, so I can be able to stay home with Moe and Tally. :D

Terry

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Wow, RISD! Extremely impressive! :)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, if anyone is interested, they can e-mail me for more info.

Terry

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What talent you have! They are all lovely, but my favorite was of Baxter, running. You really captured the moment.

Sandy

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
How time fly, I remember asking you about this 4 years ago, and then you answered:

The only Basset artwork I've done is a portrait of Moe for my husband one Christmas.

Terry
I see you have done several bassets after that, and they are all very good! Nice work, Terry!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you, Steinar. :) I'm going to do my friend's elderly rescued Basset who passed on last month. Rupert was a happy, easygoing fellow - we all miss him. :(

I've done many other types of dogs, some cats, and my sister-in-law's chinchilla. I've done a lot of houses, too. When I saw the Basset in the small crate that you posted, I thought it would be particularly fun to draw... all those wrinkles!! :D

Terry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts