Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive started emma into an intro to agility class and im wanting to know what are some good ways to teach her to play tug?

i saw some little mesh bags that you can stuff treats in and open it up when they bite and progress from their. but im just curious whats has worked for everyone else teaching their dogs tug that i can apply to my hound.

·
Registered
12,871 Posts
I would recommend the the tug-it mesh bag but you want to use a soft treat like liver worst oc cheese that will squeeze throug the mesh With macey befor the tug it toy's ere avalable I would mush cheeze into a rope tug.

for clean run mag Macey was a model for the tip of the month on a nother method of teaching

that said even my best tuggers would never tug in the stress of class or at a trial so I need to use thrown food rather than tug or a toy to reward movement/ I use a stuffable toy for tossing food teach the dog to open the toy itself. ait is no different than how other use a tossed toy as motivation and reward.

stuffable toys

if you have not done so I recommend joining the basset agility yahoo group basset agility group

1 - 2 of 2 Posts