Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jess and the boyfriend found an apartment 2 bedrooms, but owed by his empolyer...bad deal ifyou ask me. Never poop where you eat.
The thing is, for 2 months Tatsi and I have been together every day and I'l lmiss her so much.
I know I'm beinga big baby,but they are 45 minutes away, at best from me.
I was thinking of adopting , and was wondering, if there is anywhere in NJ, northern bergen co. Ramsey, or rockland co. ny.
I never realized how much of a comfort a dog is. It had been 18y rears because of where we live.
Anyone have any advice? Sorry about the typing, tears making it difficult.
Then again Chris the jerk boyfriend hates the dog because she is acting like a puppy, barking, jumping around, eating papers...puppy stuff. I'm not going to offer to be a babysitter, unless they will be going away for a week or so. Maybe at 19, and 20t hey will figure it's too soon for all of this.
I have no idea whatto do :(

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
You really should consider adopting,
then you're doing a good deed!
I'm sure you'll find a nice basset in
need of a home in the area, or some
will probably be able to bring the dog
halfway.
And if Tatsi comes back to you, she'll
have a playmate! :D

This is basset rescues in North-East:

http://www.basset.net/rescue-ne.html

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Poor Tatsi. Just a thought: Maybe it would be better to wait to adopt another dog until you see if your daughter & the boyfriend make out alright coping with doing for themselves and with a puppy. My money's on a phone call to you in a few days asking if Tatsi can come back and stay with you. (Worrywart that I am, if my daughter's boyfriend hated the dog, I'd be keeping her anyway ;) ) Sure hope everything works out for you. I wish you still had her in more ways than one. . . .

:(

·
Registered
714 Posts
My money's on a phone call to you in a few days asking if Tatsi can come back and stay with you. [/b]
I'd give it up to a couple of months, tops, but I essentially agree. As you say, they are 19 & 20 years old. I don't want to judge people I don't know, but that age American, East-Coast kids I know something about in general. The odds are they will end up giving Tatsi to you.

I feel for you, this must be really hard. :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Unfortunately this isn't sounding so good... 19 & 20 year olds living together, one "Jerk" boyfriend, puppy that by the very nature of a basset puppy will definitely test the patience of even the most calm dog-loving person, and the fact that the boyfriend hates the dog. You know the situation best and hopefully you can decide whether or not to intervene. I would hope that you could keep the puppy. Maybe even just until they "settle in." Maybe your daughter will realize how hard having a puppy will be. Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a night of tears, Idecided your all right.Ihave togive it some time. Jess already called to tell me she is working overtime till 8pm. Chris has the option of coming in laterin the day as manager, but that's only 10-11am at most.
I want too be here for Tatsi, but part of me wants them to learn that actions cause reactions andmaybe they aren't ready for this. Of course if they didn't want Tats I'd take her in a minute, but I don't think it's a good idea to be the "on call" babysitter. What do you guys think? I made Chris sound like a monster, I know he wouldn't hurt her, buthe doesn't likeher thates forsure. I've known him for over 2 years and thereis something about him, besides being controlling, a big a..hole and many other thingsI'd rather not type, lol.
Honestly, the whole family doesn't like him, my father calls him Bubba!
OKtoo niceoutto typethink Tats and Iwill go for a romp. Well untill my leg heals it will be a slow romp! By the way,operation didn't work,going to have to have a 4th..woo hooo!

·
Registered
608 Posts
So sorry about the situation with Tatsi :( Got to agree with Elmer and Button though, I think because they are both so young, they will get sick of the work having a pup entails, especially if the boyfriend doesn't like her to begin with :(

I'd hang off getting another for a while and keep a watchful eye on the situation to ensure that Tatsi doesn't get neglected, and if you think things aren't right, then a good bit of nagging on your part may be all it takes for them to hand Tatsi over to you.

Hope the next operation is successful.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you, that is just what I amgoing to do. Keep my eyes open, but let them take care of all the feeding and accidents, and such.
Tatsi matched all her other tricks today by eating the keyboard cord! I told the kids 1,000 times to do something with the wires everywhere. No one listens to me. I did take car of all electrical the first day she was here. So the kids owe me one new keyboard.
Darn the strangest dog bills..lol! :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hope you have good communication with your daughter, anyway. It's sad that sometimes a small puppy might be the one to pay the price -- I hope this guy isn't the type to punish a puppy for doing things that puppies just do... that could have traumatic effects on a puppy & it's future behavior as a dog. Hopefully you can talk every day to your daughter and keep up with this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts