Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember that June 24th is national take your pet to work day......I already put in a request to bring Woody with me but they just laughed...said If I could get him past security..go for it..(now to find a bag big enough or a convincing costume.....LOL:p

Would love to have him with me though...

·
Registered
973 Posts
There are some companies that allow you to bring dogs in every day. I've heard good and bad things. Security wouldn't dare let mine in either.

They say it improves morale since you're not worried about them being alone by themselves.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't get to do it all the time but on fridays i only work half a day so sometimes I can talk my boss into letting me bring Bernie to work with me. Oh and I kind of sneak him in when he goes out of town for several days. ;)
A lady at a business across the hall is his buddy and he just falls over like a limp noodle for belly rubs when he sees her! :rolleyes:

Berrnie has SUCH a busy day when he comes to the office! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bernie, you and mom are very lucky...my sister takes her dog/dogs to work with her...I work in oil refining so my job is fairly dangerous...wouldn't want him in it, but I would love him in my office...going out to potty would be another matter:eek:....but luckily his dad and my schedules work out to where one of us is usually home with him....he only has a few hours a month alone....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh how I wish Charlotte could come to work but I could just see all the complaints I would get about the dog hair/ doggie slobber people would find in their RX bottles!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'm a writer, so he can be with me when I work. I may take him to a book signing to see how he does. Problem is he get real car sick and hates the car. I'm hoping he will grow out of it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
CatherineM maybe this will help. When we got Maggie she always got carsick. I talked to her vet and she said it could be a learned response. So she said to retrain Maggie. The first few days Maggie got in the car but we just sat there for about 10 minutes each time. The next few times the car was started and we just sat with the engine running for several minutes. After that we would drive around the block and every few times we increased the distance. Now Maggie never gets car sick. But we do have 1 drawback. Every night she barks and whines until she gets a ride in the car. She trained me well.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It's summer break. so no bassets at work. I think I'll take that day to put them to work...they're always chasing the vacuum. I think I'll harness some basset-power and make them earn their keep (and clean up their own messes!).

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Well, let's see... if I took Boomer to work, it would go something like this:

"Boomer, get out of the bulk dog biscuit bins."
"Boomer, I SAID get out of the bulk dog biscuit bins."
"Boomer, GET OUT OF THE DOG BISCUITS RIGHT NOW!"
"BOOMER, [email protected]#$%^&*()"

"Boomer, get out of the squeaky toys."
"Boomer, I SAID get out of the squeaky toys."
"Boomer, look at the mess you made in this aisle!"
"BOOMER! [email protected]$%^&*()"

Boss: "Boomer's momma, please quit sobbing, and just go take Boomer home and come back after you pull yourself together."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts