Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stitches on Winston chest is healing and for some reasons it itches and he can't help but tries to scratch it. I don't want it to bleed.

So my hubby stayed at home on Monday to make sure he didn't scratch.
I took him to my office on Tuesday. I brought a blanket to cover my office cubicle, water, bowl, his favorite nylabone, treats and plastic bag.
He was sooo good! :shock:
He didn't bark, he didn't whine, he just sat there or laid down or chewed his toys. Everyone at the office was suprised too. Even my manager who doesn't like dog said your dog is the most well behaved dog I've ever seen.

The funny thing was, he followed me everywhere I went and the way that he walked it's soo perky and full of confident, kinda being my guard.
If female coworker stopped by my cubicle, he is fine. BUT if male coworker stopped by, Winston will growl at them. :lol:

Does anyone ever bring their basset to work?

I wish I could bring him to work more often.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
That's a good doggie, Winston!
Hope the healing is progressing fine.

Emma once got Prednizolon so she should not itch,
maybe that would doi the trick. But it's prescription
here...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I am lucky in that I can bring my dogs to work. Elvis & Georgia usually come with me, but if they are feeling lazy I'll bring Maggie & Crissy.

Eveyone loves them. They have a special cabinet with all their goodies in it. The people who come in know where their biscuits are and that it is the "price of admission". Usually they are very good, but there have been a few days where I wished I'd left them home.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
My husband has taken Murray to his classes since he was a puppy.The students love having a dog around during lectures,and Murray has become almost a mascot at the college. When we adopted our dachschund last year she was afraid of everything-she hadn't been outside for 3 years!- and Paul started taking her to class. The students would take turns holding her while he lectured, and she loves going now. It really helped in socializing her.
Our college is very dog friendly, so we're lucky!
I'm glad Winston is on the mend! :D

A

·
0 Posts
I am a plumber in Charleston, SC and I take general to work with me whn I know I will be able to keep my eyes on him. He loves to go in "the truck" and gets upset when we dont take him. One thing is for sure though, I have to keep a close eye on him or he will wonder off. He loves to escape.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ernest comes to work with us. We have reserved a shady spot under a tree and he gets walks every two hours. Many people come to see him and he loves the attention. When it gets warmer than 75, he gets to go home.

But more often than not, it stays cool enough for him to be at work, back of the car, all windows rolled down, sometimes the tailgate to the wagon is open as well.

However, this means we have to leave one car at work to reserve his spot.

The winter he will stay home when it gets cold, but right now, he's good.

lala

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lala = I love Seattle. I guess the weather up there is suitable for basset (most of the time anyway). Love Pike Market Place....it's my favorite place to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts