Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is Rusty in his new life jacket!! He loved being on the float. He did actually go into the water. I will post those pictures later. I think he is getting the idea to swim to the "target" ( orange cone)!!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOVE the pics!!!!! Looks like Rusty will be swimming with the best of them in no time. I wish I had an awesome pool like that. Claire, my basset, likes the water "OK", but my Golden Retreiver LOVES the water! Maybe he can teach Claire by example how much fun water can be.
Where did you get the life jacket??
Annie

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got his life jacket at PetSmart. All the employees know the kids by now. They are great. They open the boxes and try everything on the dogs so we get the right fit. Rusty really is very curious about the swimming pool. He wants to go in so bad. We really prefer them not to go in the pool but they MUST know where the steps are and how to get out. They love to run the Basset 500 around the pool and someone eventually will fall in. Stickers HATES the pool but she also will have to learn how to escape for her own saftety. It is fun seeing them learn!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Oh, wow! Awesome pictures. Bogie is jealous, and boy do we wish we had a pool to cool off in. 101 right now at 6:30 PM and supposed to be 105 tomorrow and 110 by Sunday, and no rain in sight.
Looks like you guys are having such fun with you twosome.

Aroooos from Bogie!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks like a fun time to me! Hmmm...is that pool even screened in so that no bugs can get in??? Heaven.....my Jackie also loves the water...she was swimming around the bathtub. Unfortunately, we don't have a pool and probably won't for quite some time. Enjoy beating the heat!!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
No one told me bassets couldn't swim. So when I had my very first basset, we always used to lower her gently over the edge of the boat (she loved the boat) when we got close to shore. Each time, we'd let her out a little further from shore, and she always managed well. She'd swim in, and go crazy (500) on the lawn. She was a good swimmer. No life jacket either.
I don't think bassets could swim too far though.

Those pics are so cute! :D Showed them to my basset-hating (or so he claims :D ) husband. He said, "oh brother!"

Sandy

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the pictures! We too have a pool. Molly RUNS like a mad woman if we even put on our suits. She gets as close to the house as possible, then if you go inside, she can go in too.
Our Lab though....she usually is more soaked than us. She does not usually get in, but enjoys being squirted with the pool squirt guns that our son has!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts