Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received this e-mail from my daughter , who received it from a friend. I don't use the Swiffer Wetjet, but I thought this was worth passing the information on in case some of you do.

[If you have pets in the house you need to read this.......

This was sent to me by a friend!

I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5-year old German
Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely
healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see what
the cause was.

The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of
some kind. The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's
with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to
believe. My neighbor started going through all the items in the house.
When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a
warning which stated "may be harmful to small children and animals." He
called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are
and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients.
Actually he was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from
antifreeze. Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned
with the solution, then licking it's own paws, it ingested enough of the
solution to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, his
housekeepers' two cats al! so died of liver failure. They both used the
Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their floors.

Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit,
but he asked that we spread the word to as many others as possible so
that they don't lose their animals.]

Arooooos from Bogie!!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you!!
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
This is a rumor. I actually got this story in an email 2 years ago. I called the company and they had a response on their website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,902 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top