Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
See I have a hypothesis. That basset looked kind of young to me. Rosco does this sort of thing on a daily basis and he's only about 11 months now. I think bassets use up 90% of their energy in the first few years of their lives and spend the rest of it sleeping. Owners of older bassets feel free to add your own dog's activity patterns to our dataset.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bogie does that a lot after a walk, and sometimes after a bath - except he goes into the recycling bin to take a plastic container to throw around.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mattie is 4 and she still does that sometimes.. She does it after a bath, but she also does it when she is getting ready to settle down at night sometimes. My husband and I called it Big Snowflakes before the end of the Mattie Storm. She will run through house with a squeaker just a squeaking away until she just flops down and sleeps for the next 8 hours.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My girl Lily is 6ish and my bog Gibbs is 7ish and these kinds of antics are a daily occurance in our house...short bursts...when I get home, when they come in from outside and when hubby gets home. Love the video btw!

~Heather

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Owners of older bassets feel free to add your own dog's activity patterns to our dataset
Actual toughy was just the oposite he became more puppy like and played more the older he got older. Mariah at * is nearly as fast as she was at two, even though she lost a lot of muscle in the right front leg removing a mast cell tumor, and a second tumor scare at the same spot 6 months later that turn out to be an ingrown hair.

mariah at 3 years of age temp in low 40's

mariah at 7 temp mid 40's

The colder it is the faster she runs. In the heat we have to resort to wet basset syndrome to help pick up the speed.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Oh, it's the Basset 500. Ours do that when we first get home after a long day. Pearl (9 and a half years) leads the way....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts