Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya Pals,

i got so much to share. i went on a looong car ride today-- actually ended up being 8 1/2 hrs. sheesh.

but one reason i traveled is because I'm going to these Basset Games tomorrow! i'm sooo excited...
http://bassethoundrescuesocal.ning.com/events/event/listByLocation?location=Arcadia+Park

only 9 hours to go before they start. i think i might try the Marathon Napping contest and Kissing Contest. I've been working on my Kissing skillz w/the other bassets (see my Fort Funston pics)... can't wait!

also, i wanted to let you know that I graduated from 2nd grade this week (finished my Puppy 1 and Puppy 2 classes)... yay! still working a bit on loose leash walking, tho. that's still kinda hard 'cause i want to smell everything. have to admit it is hard to keep from pulling in all directions. another way of looking at it is that i am helping my person develop more bicep/tricep muscles (she needs that).

my person says i'm going swimmin' this weekend. i dunno about that. I agree it looks more like a big water bowl. i keep checking it out and look like i'm about to lick the water inside. i m very curious. btw, i have a life jacket, so may use that. I have one because i misbehave in puppy playgroup (same teacher as my 1st & 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. C) and i bark too much at the other dogs. so she made me getta life jacket and i gotta wear it in class. then when i bark they pull me up by the handle (i look like a basset briefcase) and give me a timeout :( ah well, school. sometimes school is yuck. but i hope this swimmin' thing isn't.

thanks for all the suggestions for my swimmy ears. i'll prob plugem with cotton and also do the ear rinse too...

that's it for updates for now.
--your pal, Worm

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wwormy you are soooo lucky to have such a great weekend planned. I wish I could go and see all those doggies. I bet you will win that Kissing contest -- all the girls will be lined up since you are so handsome and nice too!!!
Don't worry about wearing the life-jacket. Its called a life-jacket for a reason -- if you get in trouble or swallow too much of the big water bowl Mom and Dad can just grab your handle (instead of your slippery self). Oh yeah, Mom says if you get too much water in your ears to just tie them up with a hair scrunchie -- yeah you will look like a dorky wrabbit but she says it helps with air circulation. I know my mom sounds like a nerd but sometimes ya just have to grin and bare it.(does she realize that this is one of the reasons I don't like swimming -- the embarrasement)
Have a good time on your adventure and don't kiss too many girls okay???
Paisley

·
Registered
761 Posts
Have fun Wuh-worm! I wish we lived somewhere with really cool things like this! That would be awesome! Please post pictures after you've recovered from your fun-filled weekend!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Ohhh, Worm, I am so jealous! You get to go swimming and take a big nap and kiss purty girls! I hope you win a prize!

And congrats on school! We don't have any puppy schools around here, or momma would've sent me to one, so I guess that makes me a truant? Is that a bad thing?

I hope you have a great day, buddy! And post lots of pictures!

Your friend,
Boomer

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yeah Wormie! You made it safely! Have fun with the rest of the Bassets today and take pictures!!!

Wish we could be there too :( Some day though :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Have fun Wworm...kiss a few of those girls for me.....I don't get to see to many girls...only on my outings and then I have to perform magic (knock down a wall) to even get to cuddle with them (the St. Bernard story my mom loves telling)....

Get lots of pictures and with a kissing contest, I thinks everyone is a winner...:p

Your pal in drool,
Woody Hayes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts