Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya Basset Pals,
Well, fall is definitely here, & summer's gone now. Here are some pics from my first "real" summer. Summer before i was a baby & didn't do much except pee & poop everywhere, and hang w/the siblings.

In August, I went on camping trip in Yuhshemmittee. That's a pic of me w/Half Dome & El Capitan in the background. It was smoky because there was a small fire there. I DID get to meet a black bear there. I was staying at the kennel during the day, and the bear came to "visit" us at the kennel. When my person got there, it was 10-15 feet away from us. We dawgs were protected by chain link structure & were barking like crazy at it. No matter, it was not fazed at all! Boy, bears are big!

Couple weeks ago in September, we went to Lake Tahoe. Got to stay in the cabin & enjoy the lake. Had a couplea swimmin' lessons. Hmmm, water is still a little scary for me, but i did do it. I wasn't succumbin' to any peer pressure either, 'cause there were 5-6 dawgs playing in the water & it wasn't enuf to draw me in.

I also went on my first hike there. Did lotsa rock climbin'. Only bad things that I stopped at every opportunity to chew the berry leaves, ok I was eating them. And I was so excited I was pulling my peeples down the trail-- yeah, still working on that loose leash walking thing. just couldn't help it.

k, more pics in my album, but here's a few... Cheers! Worm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Sounds like a great summer trip, Worm! Next summer, we want to go camping...maybe Niagara Falls! Won't that be fun...bet Winston will want to go over the falls in a barrel. Molly says we should let him have a go at it ;)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Whew!!! Wwormmie you had a pretty busy summer and it sure seems that you had a whole lot of adventures. Bettcha you are pretty happy its fall and you can spend some time lazin around getting belly rubs from your Ma. You never told me you met a mean old bear on Yummsimitee.... I think ya better not go back there coz he knows yer smell and will want to get ya next time.
Even tho I said you must be glad for fall i guess i don't really mean it coz up here fall means winter is on its way -- no more sunbathing on the patio and no more fishin with mom -- but it does mean snoozes in front of the fireplace and toasty toes. Hey and Halloweens coming -- I don't know much about that other than Mom buys candy for the kids who don't ever come .... we have a very, very long driveway and there are no street lights and really no kids around here so we don't get any ghosts and goblins so I'm really not sure what they are...I do have a pink tutu that they dress me in just in case they show up.. Imagine a full figured girl in a pink tutu .....I'm just beautiful!! Hey maybe this year I'll go door to door!
Molly you really can't let Winston loose in Niagara Falls ---- have you seen that place --- Mom says its tooo scarey of a Falls for dogs and too many tourists! Plus you really deep down love yer little brother don't ya????? Oops its time for a snooze its getting late.
Pais

1 - 6 of 6 Posts