Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I recently found a liquid at the vitamin store for stress and anxiety relief. It is by a company called Bach and the product is called Rescue Remedy. I give Daisy 3-4 drops and she calms down almost right away. I live in Tampa and we have a storm almost every day. She would shake and pant and follow us around. We even found her in the bathtub one day. This is a natural stress relief liquid in a small yellow box. It was about $16.00. The storms and fireworks were really bad for her and this has helped tremendously. I just thought I would share that for anyone looking for some help.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Flower essense in an alcohol base The alcohol base 20% 40 proof is the only scientifical proven active ingredien however the amount given it is unlikely any calming effect is from alcohol.

A search of this site for bach flower essense or Rescue Remedy will pull up a number of threads. The results above are a typical in that most if not all found no effect from use. There is no scientific proof on effectiveness but this is not unusal with most botanicals. The cost is fairly low and the side effect minimal so the risk to trying is low as well. Even if the result are atypical if it works for your dog, it is all that matters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts