Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barney is my first basset, now almost 6 months, and am amazed at how different and strange he is from the other dogs i have had. he now seems obsessed with thunder storms. i could understand if he was anxious, panting, etc...been there with other dogs but....this guy insists in going out in the yard where he'll sit with this silly look of joy on his face. it's a trial to get him in and since this is the same dog who won't walk in wet grass, i'm really confused. While realizing that i'm lucky not to have to deal with the usual fears of storms, am wondering if any of you experience something similar. the only thing he seems to be afraid of is the broom....which is his only barking moment. are all bassets this fearless?

·
Registered
608 Posts
My guy doesn't mind them either, neither does my westie. They also feel the same about fireworks. Got to agree with you though. Bassets are totally different from any other dog I've ever had. They are almost human. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they are in fact the 'missing link' :D

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Boomer doesn't mind thunderstorms, but hates fireworks. We went to see a train today, and the whistle and noise didn't bother him in the least.

As for the broom, he barks at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts