Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my basset is 1 year old. She’s gone off her usual food and is acting strange. Seemed more attached to her toys carrying them around, whimpering in bed and pulling her bed pillow out etc. She’s perfectly happy on her daily walks and if anything is more lively and bounding around. Any ideas? Not had this from previous bassets.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
When did she have her last season because ten to one, she's having a false pregnancy poor thing. If this is what's going on, then you may be best to get her spayed as this will keep happening after her seasons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She had her season around 6-8 months and she just turning 1 year on 24th April. How long does the phantom pregnancy and is there anything I can to help her? Thanks for responding back too.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
She had her season around 6-8 months and she just turning 1 year on 24th April. How long does the phantom pregnancy and is there anything I can to help her? Thanks for responding back too.
If she's coming up to a year, and had her first season 'around 6 - 8 months' (don't you know? with respect) I think that's too long ago for her to still be having a false pregnancy much as what's going on, does sound like this. The only way to help her is to get her spayed - talk to your vet. Thankfully none of our girls went into a false pregnancy after their seasons so I don't have first hand experience. It's generally hormonal so again talk to your vet about how best to proceed, assuming this IS a false pregnancy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts