Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
same thing happened to us when we where out of town.the sitter let daisy get put into the pound,after she was returned shelost her appetite.she would not eat or drink and lost half her weight.a very bad cough persisted for weeks.we ended up having to hospitalize her for 10 days,she was on oxygen and iv and meds.the vet came up with that daisy had a bad case of pneumonia.after a week or so she finally ate a little.xrays showed her lungs had fluid in them.because of my financial situation at the time she had to come home.after a month or so and clavamox,baytril,and another pill for heart worms she seemed to gain all her weight back and was back to normal,so i thought.
this past week daisy has lost her appitite and is coughing very badly.i called my vet and because i still have a outstanding balance of 1800 dollars he would not cut a rx.(the bill was 2900 and he wanted half the balance for the rx,i was pissed,all about money.after pleading to give me a rx i gave what i could wich was only 220 dollars,he finally gave in.i told him my only other choice was some people meds i have in the cabinets.)i was desperate to make sure my daisy didnt get back to that deathly ill stage.shes currently not eating still,its been 2 days.i started the meds yesterday and will keep my fingers crossed.she is very lazy and will only take a few drinks of water a day.any help would be great.please email me at [email protected].

make sure its not pneumonia and if it is get the meds asap.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.