Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - we have a fairly small back garden - part of it is a deck made out of Trex (fantastic stuff, by the way), part of it is an artificial grass putting green (otherwise known as the pooping green which reflects it's true usage), and gravel ground cover. The gravel is the problem - Sally and Rocky's preferred pee spot is right under one of the living room windows. I periodically sprinkle the area with diluted bleach to control the smell, but it doesn't work very well. We are considering a third dog, and would like to get a handle on this problem first. Any ideas/input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Get a gallon of something like Nil-Odor or Nature's Miricle concentrate. Keep a garden sprayer (hose type) filled with the deodorizer. Several times a week attach the hose and spray the area with the deodorizer from the sprayer. Won't hurt your plants or dogs and really takes care of the odor. Sort of like a giant bottle of Fabreeze for your yard :p

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a gallon of something like Nil-Odor or Nature's Miricle concentrate. Keep a garden sprayer (hose type) filled with the deodorizer. Several times a week attach the hose and spray the area with the deodorizer from the sprayer. Won't hurt your plants or dogs and really takes care of the odor. Sort of like a giant bottle of Fabreeze for your yard :p[/b]
Great idea, I'll give it a try!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I wonder if it would help if you sprinkled the area with powdered limestone before wetting it? I know it helps "sweeten" the soil when I'm repairing pee-spots on our lawn (my husband wonders why I bother each year :rolleyes: but I just like working in the yard ;) )

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if it would help if you sprinkled the area with powdered limestone before wetting it? I know it helps "sweeten" the soil when I'm repairing pee-spots on our lawn (my husband wonders why I bother each year :rolleyes: but I just like working in the yard ;) )[/b]
Good thought - limestone is used in horse stalls too sometimes to counteract the acid in the urine..........one more thing to try!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts