Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend came over Sunday and brought her lab to play with eeyore. The lab instantly went for eeyore's turtle toy and his alligator toy... eeyore being alot smaller took both toys away from chance, laid on them and went to sleep.. I could not believe my eyes..... I have a stingy basset, do any of your bassets behave this way?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Each day I give the boys a rawhide. And on several occasions I will see Noonie chewing on his while his big paw is laying on Buddy's. I just give it back to Buddy and all is well. I've actually seen them steal from each other too. It's always a rawhide. One of them will have it and then walk off. The other will take it. Then the first dog will come back to where it was and you can just see his expression change. They keep us entertained. :wink:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
manners

i feel i need to teach eeyore some manners, we all just laughed so he thinks it is okay.....

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Both my boys refuse to share, and they can get very creative to steal something from the other one. If Stomps has something that Lightning wants, L will suddenly race outside, barking madly. Stomps is the official watchdog of the household, so he'll race outside to see what's going on. Lightning will then sneak back in and grab whatever it was that he wanted from Stomps.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
OMG, I can't believe my eyes reading your posting, Lightning and Stomps act exactly like my Winston and Henrietta!

When Winston wants Henrietta's spot (cause she has been laying down for a while, so it's nice and warm), he will bark and pretend that there is something really interesting. Then Henri can't miss the action, so she will get up and check things out! Then Winston will immediately steal her spot and refuse to move. :roll:

Same thing with nylabone. One will steal from another. The one who loses, will usually come to 'mommy' to get a comforting belly rub. :)
These hounds......they crack me up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Our dogs do the same thing with rawhides. The both get one, but Roscoe usually ends up with both of them. Then Maggie crouches down and barks at him while he calmly enjoys his treats. Sometimes they play musical treats and switch back and forth between treats a few times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What EVER one dog has the other wants, we have some sibbling rivalry at our house. Stella will take the chosen prize and run away with it because she knows that poor little duncan with his basset legs can't catch her. She teases him mercifully, but duncan gets her back, by chewing on her ears.

·
Registered
535 Posts
my basset wants whatever my other dogs have. She usually could care less about it, she just wants it becuase they have it. Once she gets it and the other dogs walk away she has no interest in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts