Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just popping in quick to let you all know I found a way and my houndies are still with me! - I gave up going back to school and I managed to find a job that's very accomodating to my schedule and understanding of me needing to run back home for a bit during the day to check in on Mocha and Beldin.

Mom's eased up and she's stopped demanding I get rid of them (although she still rolls her eyes and makes the occational comment she mostly keeps it to herself).

The kids are getting better at making sure they are picking up after the dogs and not getting them riled up in the house. And now that the weather is warmer and not as wet we are getting them out more and more so less "hell hounds" noises in the house. By the time they come back in they are tuckered out and have no problem flaking out in their kennels for a while til I get home.

Then we go for walks and dinner and mostly things are starting to calm down around here.

Dad says he thinks mom is starting to go through her "change" so we may occationally need to "batten down the hatches" ... but for now things are looking up.

Thank you so much for your kind words and well-wishing and moral support. **huggles**

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That's great news! I'm so glad things are working out. Be patient with your mom if she is going through menopause - it makes us crazy!

Give you houndies a big hug from all of us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts