Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George is having another bout of itch-and-scratch-and-bite-and-lick, BUT ... I may have figured out a solution. I was reading a thread about itching on the health and genetics board, and Mikey T, I think it was, suggested a possible condition (whose name I've forgotten, something like seborhhea?). Anyway, one of the treatments was medicated shampoo. So I bought some at Wal-mart (the only place I had time to go to today) and the label said it was for itching and skin irritation AND that it smelled good :D -- always a plus -- so I gave His Highness a bath (he doesn't like baths, but he behaves like an angel and stands perfectly still, sighing, while I bathe him) and lo and behold, I think it helped! He's still scratching, but not as much, and his coat looks much better. If this improved state of affairs continues, I'll give him another bath in a few days (that's what the web site referred to in the thread said to do) and keep that up for a couple of weeks and maybe we'll lick this thing. No pun intended. :lol:

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
In a couple of weeks, whatever is causing him to itch will be out of season and he should feel better, shampoo or no shampoo. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts