Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Experienced Basset Hunting Gods,

I think we need more AHBA hunts in Maryland - preferably 10 minutes from my house :)

What would it take to get a hunt started here?

Pinehawk, what was the name of that Beagle club where the AKC event was?

I know they are against Bassets, but it never hurts to try!

So, I guess I have two questions:

1. What does it take to start a hunt?
2. Where in Maryland do you guys think would be a good place to have one?

THANKS!!!

Can't wait until the 8th!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pinkwhip I've never been to one of the hunts (heck at the moment I don't even have a Basset), and I apologize if you are already registered over at the AHBA site, but I know you would get plenty of advice over there if you posted this inquiry. If you're not on there yet they'd love to have you. Otherwise sorry for butting in.

Art

·
Registered
19 Posts
By God's you must mean Dean because the rest of us are just Disciples.
It would be great to have hunts in Maryland.
If you are coming up to the Elizabethtown hunt on the 8th or 9th Dean and I would be glad to help get you started. If you cant make it give me or Dean a call and we will try and help you out.
I hope you can make it out for both day's.
Tim

·
Registered
797 Posts
There is no way that beagle club would ever consider running AHBA basset events and they don't have the right type of grounds. I looked on the ARHA website and found a Western Maryland Gundog club (
WESTERN MARYLAND GUNDOG ASSOCIATION MD LP KENDRA BISER RINARD (304) 289-3511 ) -- why don't you give them a call and see if there is any interest. I would be willing to come to one of their meetings if it will help

·
Registered
939 Posts
Pinkwhip they are not against bassets ,but there grounds are not suited for the AHBA style of hunt/trial. on a side note they also hold trials for dachounds(sp) also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts