Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lily started her 3rd advanced class last night. She did great! She even did a down stay and let me walk across the room and then return to her! I thought okay that was a fluke, because she never does that. Tonight we went to class and she was right on point all night. I couldn't believe it. I think she's finally got it! She has been settling down at home more lately and has just about gotten the housetraining thing down. Her only trouble now is that at night she does let me know she needs out but by then she seems to have held it because on the way to the back door she stops and piddles in the house.
But, I am so proud of her anyway. Next we are on to ring performance class. Hooray!

A

·
0 Posts
Great job Lily. You've made your mom so proud. Don't get too obedient though, it's not very Basset-like. Martha

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Congratulations! All your hard work has really paid off- sounds like you and Lily are on your way to a great career in the ring! I will be interested in what you decide to do with her pet therapy cetrtification too, so please keep me posted on that.And again, congratulations on a job well done!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow, that's fantastic! Sounds like you guys are going just great. Keep it up! You know you can get a title in obedience.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yay for you and Lily! As you made have read, Emma and I started Monday. Hope I will be able to report the same results in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the encouragement from here. I couldn't have done it without you guys, of course she was so good in class last night and then went home and got in a fight with Rosie, no blood drawn both were put into time out (exile) to cool off. Which worked, but I had lily sleep in her crate last night just to avoid any further incidents while I was sleeping.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just brilliant, well done Lily and Melissa.Must have taken a lot of hard work and perseverence to get this far with a Basset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts