Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello There...over the last week or so my guy, Hector, has had a bit of an itching problem, and finally today my Fiancé took him to the vet because the itching just was looking unbearable. We were told that Hector has a Staph Infection and we were given 2 sets of antibiotics to give to him over the next week to clear it up. But I have been searching the net for info on such infections and have found that this is most likly a staph allergy and will be recurring. Does anyone have any info they might be able to share with me. Anything would be appreciated. :confused: Thank you.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I'm not a doctor, but I've never heard of a staph allergy.

?

I do know staph infections can be pretty bad unless you take care of them. And if I remember correctly, we're all walking around with staph germs all over us --- it's just that something will happen to compromise our skin or our immunity, and poof - it becomes an infection.

They can be pretty serious, so you might want to ask the vet about that.

Could it be that what you read said allergies can sometimes result in a staph infection? That might make more sense --- because scratching would compromise the skin, making it easier for the staph to get in there.

???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts