Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So Lucy is having some problems jumping up onto the couch now as she gets older. She makes it most of the time but some times her back legs don't make it. It's pretty funny but I don't want her to hurt herself.

Looking for recommendations on some good, but inexpensive, stairs. I've seen some at Home Goods and Petco, but just wondering what some of you have had good experiences with. There are like wooden ones, foam ones... so many options so just looking to see what you all like!

She can be a chicken some times so she may not want to use them/ our saint bernard puppy might chew them up so looking for something inexpensive but proven to do the job.

·
Premium Member
2,775 Posts
ramps work better for us vs stairs. they were a tad reluctant at first until I "paved" a path up with treats....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ester has learned to put her front end up and will wait until one of us lifts her up... Very
funny.. "Human....attend to me".....she will wait there a while.

We also have a big low antique chair she likes and have elevated a bolster dog bed to make a slightly lower "dog couch". Then there is the dog pillow bed in front of the heat register.....Couch is still THE choice tho. Not spoiled at all....

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
I'm with 3Kbasset, a ramp is a much better option. Google 'sofa ramps for dogs', would have thought not too difficult to make , & a much better option than steps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts