Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. It was such a nice day today that the boys enjoyed some time on the deck. We just picked up propane for the grill and Noonie and Buddy are getting excited at the prospect of mom being clumsly and dropping something. Hope you all are enjoying your weekend! :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
When it's springtime in Alaska it's ...gorgeous!

Coming from the flat prairies, I can't imagine looking out my window, and seeing a mountian. I wish.
Lovely pics of your hounds.
:)
Sandy

·
Registered
775 Posts
Love the pictures! Living in south Georgia it is hard to imagine snow in spring of course we only get snow about every five years and then it never sticks.

Hope you did drop them something such goodlooking fellows desearve a treat.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another beautiful day here in Alaska. It is currently 35 degrees and it feels great. The boys have been in and out again today sunning on the deck. They did get a small little treat from the grill yesterday. After a long day of cleaning I don't feel like messing up the kitchen tonight, so it's steak on the grill. The boys keep running out to make sure everything is going okay. ;)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
LOL! I remember, when I lived in VT, how 35 degrees felt positively balmy! :)

A

·
0 Posts
When we lived in the Arctic we really didn't have spring. It was "Break-Up" or in other words, Mud Season! :roll:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
It hit 50 today and the sun was shining. The forcast for the week is for milder, sunny weather - I figured it was time to pack away the coats, hats, and scarves. I'll know soon if THAT was a big mistake - I almost always pack things away prematurely. :eek: Today I went boldly out in my shirtsleeves and shivered whenever the sun dipped behind the clouds...

Moe is spending every opportunity he gets basking in the driveway or dozing on the porch... the better to monitor neighborhood activity and make his presence known. Tally still prefers the couch, nestled under a pillow, surrounded by cookies. Typical woman... :D

[ March 27, 2006, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to my mother in law who lives in Mississippi over the weekend. She said it was 60 and she was freezing. Poor dear. :p It's a little cooler today, but we're able to leave the door to the deck open so the boys can come and go as they please. I have a three day weekend coming up and I'm hoping the good weather continues.

A

·
0 Posts
Beautiful pictures, Kimberly. What city in Alaska do you live in?
We are leaving May 6th driving a brand new Winnebago RV, from the factory in Iowa, up the Alaskan Highway to Anchorage and "Great Alaskan Holidays" RV rental company. Sadly Bogie will have to stay behind in a kennel, no dogs allowed in new RV, plus we will be flying home from Anchorage. However it's a great small kennel and he's treated like royality while he's there.

A

·
0 Posts
Lina - when you live in the Last Frontier and spend the majority of your time in weather either around the 50 degree (summertime) or -20 degree (wintertime) marks, you take anything above zero and call it time for Summer Wear! I can distinctly remember it being 65 degrees and feeling as tho I would absolutely melt! Shorts and halter tops, Baby!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We're in a relatively small town called Eagle River, which is about 15 miles outside of Anchorage. I would suggest picking up a Milepost if you haven't already done so. We wouldn't have been without ours when we made the trip up back in 04. It has everything you would want to know about along the route you choose to travel. (gas stations, hotels, medical facilities, resturaunts, points of interest and I could go on forever) I think you get the idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts