Hi All, I don't post very often but every spring I make sure to remind everyone to avoid mulch made of cocoa shells. This is the hull of the cacao bean from which chocolate is made, and it makes great mulch - but it can kill your dog. It has high concentrations of theobromines, which is the toxic ingredient in chocolate - and it smells just like a hershey bar. Dogs will gorge on the stuff if given the opportunity. I know of several tragedies, and sadly the mulch bags don't carry warning statements. So....happy gardening, and be careful out there!