Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mom suffered a serious illness recently & was hospitalized for a week. She is now recuperating in a nursing home. She has been away for 2 weeks & is missing Spencer terribly. He is missing her also. His normal routine was to go to her house every day when I went to work. The first few days she was gone, he stood on her porch, looking in her door & cried and barked. I've let him in her house several times & he runs around, searching for her. The people at the nursing home said I could bring him for a visit, which we did today. He does not do well in the car & gets nervous around strangers, but my Mom wanted to see him so badly, so I gave him a 1/2 valium & off we went. He was very nervous the whole time, but my Mom was glad to see him & he did ok, though I don't think being a therapy dog is in his future. ;) On the way home we stopped at the creamy whip & he had an ice cream. He then came home & slept soundly for about 3 hours. He was worn out. Here he is snoozing with his bunny. :)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Sounds like a very eventful day! Hope your mom continues to improve. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. My Mom is coming home Thursday - much sooner than I expected. I'm sure Spencer will be happy to get back to visiting her everyday. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts