Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly detests having her nails clipped. I've tried everything; everything that is except Daddy.

For me Molly bucks like a wild horse. Growling and running away at slightest glimpse of the clippers. She even runs away if I reach for the something on the same shelf.

Not once have I ever hurt her nail. I'm very careful with her.

Saturday, Andy (read: Daddy) decided it's was time for a clip. He put Molly on his lap and she turned into putty. She just let him cut away with not so much as an eye-roll.

I guess I know my place in the pecking order.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yes, that was me. Good luck and I love your website. You are very crafty.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fred doesn't like getting his nails clipped but he doesn't fight it anymore. He has come to realize that its something that will be done after he takes his bath. He just lays there and lick my hand as I clip his nails. Its quite cute, if I could ever get it on video.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've given up on trying to do Copper's nails. I now let someone else do it. My vet said that bassets are notoriously bad about their nails. The last time I had my dogs in, she went to get help for his nails (it requires three people). She took Sophie, my mini-doxie, with her because she wanted to show off her mohawk. She asked for a couple people to help, and they looked at her like she was nuts (they thought she wanted help with Sophie). When she got them in the room, she said "oh by the way, did I mention it's a basset?!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts